Saturday, April 2, 2016

Art Journal Page Featuring April Stamp of the Month

Happy Weekend Everyone!!!

I have been working on this project for 2 days.  In addition to scrapbooking and making cards, I love to play in my art journals.  It took 2 days because of all of the drying time between layers and household obligations.

Here is a pic of my page.  When I decided to do this page, I wanted to use CTMH new Stamp of the Month for April 2016.  The set is called Life in Pictures.  Instead of doing a scrapbook layout or a card, I wanted to do something different.  So I went for an art journal page.


What I did


  • I started by putting down a nice coat of Gesso to condition the page.  The journal I am using is actually just a sketch book.  With that said, the paper is not real thick to hold up to multi media art.
  • Then I put down some color using Close To My Heart's Watercolor paints.  I used some blues, purple and a green which is not real noticeable.  
  • Next, I took it outside and sprayed it with an acrylic sealant to prevent the watercolors from running when I used Modge Podge.   I also sprayed my photo.
  • I used a piece of plastic canvas used in needle point work as a stencil and used Tatterd Angels Gold Glimmer mist to mist a mild pattern on the background to add texture.
  • Matted the picture and glued it down on my page.
  • I took a couple stencils (the bricks and the butterfly) and applied 3D modeling paste to get a raised look.
  • I used some Tim Holtz Distress Inks to color the bricks and touched them up with ShinHan Twin Touch Markers.  The butterfly was colored using a couple of our inks like water color painting...  Cotton Candy and Gypsy.
  • Then I stamped using our black archival ink and our Stamp of the Month Life In Pictures.


No comments: