Thursday, November 12, 2015

Journey Into The World of Zentangles

Good morning...  

I just wanted to share with you my latest hobby.  I started doing Zentangles a couple years ago but only created a couple pieces.  I never really dove into it.  That has changed recently.

At work, we are in our slow season (work in a call center) and the call volume is down.  In between calls, I needed something to keep boredom at bay.  Yes, I can read books and I have.  But I wanted something more.  Zentangles fit the bill.  It is portable and I can take my pens, paper and Zentangle books with me.  I also take my Prismacolor Premier colored pencils or my Shinhan Touch Duel Tip Alcohol markers.  I don't have to take my coloring tools but makes it more fun.  I am in the process of learning how to shade with the colored pencils which are wax based and my alcohol markers.

I am going through a course book that I got from Amazon called One Tangle A Day ... A 6 Week Course.  In the video below, I share with you some of my progress.  A couple of the pieces were done this past Spring. But most of them were done in the past week.


No comments: