Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Frozen Themed Elsa Birthday Card on my Cricut Explore

Good Evening.

I am up pretty late today.  It is 11:40 PM right now.  I just finished a birthday card.  It was fun yet tedious at the same time.  I read and saw on YouTube that printing some of the images from the Disney Frozen Cricut Cartridge was easier than trying to cut them and piece them together.  Which way do you think I went?  I took the hard road.  I cut Elsa at 4" and even at that size it was a job putting her together.

I popped her up on pop dots along with the snowflake by her hand.  I added a couple other snowflakes.  They were intricate cuts too.  I cut the first part of the sentiment and the last part I wrote it out with my Explore and colored in the letters with a blue metallic Recollections bold tip marker.  I bought these markers then realized they were bold tipped when I got the home and won't work in my Explore.

The last thing that I did was used 2 colors of Stickles glitter glue.  I used mainly Crystal on her dress and the snowflakes in her hair.  I used Waterfall on the other snowflakes and on a couple dots on her dress.  I inked the edges of the white layer with a blue ink chalk.  I tried to get the light to catch all the sparkle.  It got some of it.  But below you will find my card.

No comments: