Friday, December 12, 2014

Nursing Graduation Card

Good morning blogers!

A realtor friend in my real estate office needed a card for her niece who is graduating from nursing school tomorrow.  I made this card for her.






I am loving the Cricut Craftroom.  I am so glad I paid for the subscription.  It saved me tons of time by not having to create svg files for this card.  I own the Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge, so I was able to use it in the CCR. She was cut at 3" All of the nursing stuff was from this cart.  I popped her up on double foam tape.  I hand drew her face with sharpies.

 The sentiment and graduation cap were cut from Happy Graduation I believe.  I cut a scallop circle and regular circle.  I also popped up the cap on double foam tape.  The sentiment is a single layer of foam tape.  I inked the scallop and sentiment scroll with Walnut Stain Distress Ink by Ranger.

The top part of the background was from just plain old card stock and I ran it through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder.  The bottom was from an old paper pack that was actually a fabric paper pack where you peel off the paper backing and stick the fabric on your object.  The pack was by DCWV.  I have had this paper pack for a couple years now.

I added some lace from my stash and some flat back pearls.

I dropped the card office at the office this morning and the realtor who I made the card for happen to be there.  She was so tickled over the card and loved it. 

No comments: