Friday, October 23, 2009

Birthday Card For My Mom

Good morning everyone. 
I just created a birthday card for my mom.  I used both the cuttlebug and Cricut Expressions.  I first embossed the center piece with the swirls embossing folder.  Then I used chalk to color and bring out the embossed image.  I actually used 3 colors in attempt to make it sort of gradient like. 
For the strip of purple paper I used fancy scallop cutting sissors and heat embossed the words "Happy Birthday with clear embossing powder.  Next I used my Cricut with Doodlooms cart to make the flowers and their shadows.  Lastly, I glued a rinestone on each flower in the center.

Thanks for Looking



4 comments:

Carol's Crafts said...

What a beautiful card. I love the embossing you did on it,

Anonymous said...

Oh what a FUN cute card!!! She will enjoy it for sure!!!!!!!

Carole N. said...

Jennifer, your mother will feel so loved when she receives your beautiful card. I love it.

I just bought the swirls embossing folder last week and am anxious to use it. Thanks for the idea.

Big Hugs!

Carol's Crafts said...

Your card is beautiful, Jennifer.
Your mother is going to be so thrilled
that you made her this card.

Hugs
Carol